Serendipitous Moments


 
A friend called a couple of weeks ago to ask if I’d like to take an “Herb Infused Chocolate Truffle” cooking class with her.   

Silly girl. . . 

Did she even need to ask?   

She had me at the word  

chocolate. . . 

So last Thursday night I headed off to meet her at a mutually agreed upon restaurant (that neither of us had been to before) to have dinner before our cooking class.  We sat reading the menu and finally looked at each

other and agreed nothing on the menu was catching our eye and so we walked.  Second choice was a favorite on the water where there was not a seat to be found.  We finally landed at another close by restaurant and the rest of the evening had a mind of its own.  I’m pretty sure that by the time we arrived at the third restaurant the cooking class was well on its way.  As the evening progressed I realized there was not going to be any chocolate cooking, tasting or treats to take home.  But what I love about these serendipitous moments is they happen without any planning.  And they are like a  

special gift . . . 

wrapped up with a bow.   

My friend went from living “just around the corner” for many years to an hour and a half drive away, so our meetings are fewer and farther between. 

4 ½ hours later she drove me to my car that I had left at the first restaurant and as we were saying our good-byes she looked at me and said,  

“Sorry about the cooking class, but this was  

sooo much better”.    

I had to agree!  And then she followed it with, “And I still have so much more to say”!   

You know. . . 

You just know. . . 

 that’s when friendship is good. . .

No comments: