"CHOCOLATE GIRL"



Sometimes when you least expect it, a  

new random chocolate. . .  

shows up . 

Yes, I do have to say, I’m obsessed with good chocolate.  Hence the nick name “Chocolate Girl”.  And I’m  

happy to report. . . 

that “good chocolate” is now on the FDA’s health food list (at least for now) due to its rich, creamy oils that are so good for our bodies. 

Though I think my “love for chocolate” has less to do with the “health” benefits (well, maybe a little) of it and more to do with the fact that,  

I just “love chocolate!” 

What can I say? 

When I need a break from writing I wander into the kitchen and open my “chocolate” drawer and take out a piece of Theo’s organic 70% Sea Salt chocolate.  My all time Fave!   

I know. . . 

I remind my hubby and kids, my habit could be so much worse! 

Every couple of weeks I get in my car and drive to Central Market and buy several bars of Theo’s.  When I open my drawer and see I’m on the last bar a part of me begins to - 

hyperventilate. . . 

And the thing is,  

If. . . 

my husband’s niece from Minnesota, had not made plans for a tour for all of us at the Theo Organic Chocolate Factory in Seattle during her visit a couple of summers ago I would never have known about Theo Sea Salt Chocolate.  Or about the Theo Chocolate Factory.   

  I know. . .  Can you even imagine?

 Seriously?

 
 1000 recipes? A gift from my sister-in-law 
 Denise and her daughter Meghan.

 

 

 

 

 
 
 

 
Chocolate Sauce

¼ cup cocoa

¾ cup sugar

½ tsp. salt

1 tblsp. cornstarch

½ cup milk 

Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.  Add 2 tblsp. butter + 2 tsp. vanilla.  Cool to lukewarm. 

If there’s no chocolate ice cream in the house, this is the next best thing, drizzled over vanilla ice cream.

No comments: