Double Chocolatey Chip Frappuccino


In the spring I'm excited for all the changes taking place in our yard and getting my hands in the dirt.  Waiting for the perennials to begin pushing their way through the dirt looking for light, and the brilliant green colors that fill our yard in the form of ivy, new leaves and ferns and somehow, after the winter, the grass becomes thicker and greener and brighter.  I notice the details. 

I love rainy days and often open my office window just to smell the rain.   

I love when my friends stop by just to say “hi” or to share a “hug”.   That leaves me smiling all day long.   

I love it when my hubby pokes his head into my office and says he’s brought me my favorite treat from Starbucks.  

A Double Chocolatey Chip Frappuccino. 

Last week there was a knock on my door and when I opened it I found one
of my friends on the other side holding a bouquet of flowers for me.

I love the smell of freshly brewed coffee early in the morning (even though I don’t drink coffee).

I know. . .

I love the smell of freshly baked bread.

I love the smell of laundry fresh out of the dryer.

I love walking in the rain.

I love thunderstorms. . .

I love salt water beaches.  I love smelling the salt water.

I love drinking water.

I’m thinking somewhere in my previous life I might have been a

fish. . .

Well, probably not,

But it seems only logical. . .

I love the story Oprah told about one of her visits to Africa, meeting this beautiful
African woman whose home was a piece of sheet metal leaning up against a dirt hill.
Oprah interviewed her sitting on the ground outside her “home” and I immediately
noticed her radiant smile and the peace that seemed to rest on her face.  And then Oprah
asked her, also noticing the same thing, "Where does this happiness come from that I sense
from you and see in your beautiful smile."  And I will never forget her answer.  Here is
what she said to Oprah:  

“Look across the road at those beautiful, colorful flowers.  I get to enjoy them
 
every day. . .” 

Her answer took my breath away.  And taught me a lesson I will never forget.  It’s not what
we have or own, it’s what we focus on that brings us joy. 
Was it because her life was not cluttered with “stuff” that she noticed the flowers or was it

just. . .

that she chose to find beauty in whatever form it came in. 

And for her. . .

it came in the form of. . .

wild flowers. . .

growing in a field. . .

outside her door.

 

No comments: